Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh how scared the strong are

Their pride and ignorance being a mere façade.

I'm scared. I just can't seem to meet anyone's expectations. I hear it over and over again, "Don't listen to other people, just be your best." Thank you for trying to help, really. But in all honesty, who lives like that. Everyone is always concerned with how others think of them, whether it's consciously or not. And the few people who do seem to live without that care, how do they do it? I've tried not giving a thought to what other people think, but it's impossible. My standards are the standards other people set for me. I have that fear of failure. I can't remember what it's called, let me Google it, haha. Hmm, well I'm far too lazy to double-check, but the first thing I got was "atychiphobia". Good enough. Ugh, it's just so.. pesky.

It's almost summer, time to be happy. Mr Guy Ripley put up the clarinet and harpsichord arrangement for About A Girl by The Academy Is... and it's actually really good. It's soothing, but not too boring? I like it. Listen to it at http://drop.io/guyripley. I should go, I've been lacking sleep so much lately, it's terrible. Oh, and Twitter is proving to be more addicting than I thought. Yes, I gave in to this trend. I just wonder how long it'll take to wear off.

Peacee, xox

Currently listening to: About A Girl (Clarinet & Harpsichord Version) by The Academy Is.../Guy Ripley
Namedrop of the day: Ryland Blackinton of Cobra Starship :)

No comments: