Monday, May 4, 2009

So you're standing on a ledge,

It looks like you might fall.

I've been thinking a lot lately, though it surely hasn't been showing, but I've come to really see things in a new light. As always, I have put things to the last possible moment, like this post, for instance. Again, my dad needs it soon. Continuing on the topic of my thinking, I've just really and truly understood that life really is too short. I know that is one of the most used phrases ever, but the guest speaker at school today made me realize it for real. Today marks the beginning of Stop The Stigma Week, stigma being the barrier stopping people from getting help. My heart just poured out to the speaker, who has lost both her father and one of her brothers to suicide. She herself has attempted it when she was younger, and yet she has the strength to speak to a cafetorium full of strangers and teenagers about her ordeals. I don't know what else to say about it really, just how I found it amazing. I know I've been whining and complaining about my life, but when I really think about it, it's pretty darn great. Sure, there are a few down points, but without them, how could I ever truly appreciate the good moments?

To see light, darkness must be present. To experience true happiness, you have to know what sadness feels like, too. I like to think of it by using a candle example. If you were to light a candle and place it somewhere extremely bright, or hold it up against the sun and look at it, could you really see it's potential? No. The only way to really see how beautiful its flame is, is by seeing that flame in a pitch black room. I guess I've been rambling. Plus, my dad has 'asked' to use the computer now, except in that tone which makes it more of a statement than question. I really wish I had more time to continue this. That's procrastination for you. Like they say, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Peacee, xox

Currently listening to: If I Am by Nine Days
Namedrop of the day: Franklin the turtle

No comments: